Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sell My House How Long To Sell House After Buying New One?

How long to sell house after buying new one? - sell my house

I bought a new house and move in a month. I lived in my primary residence for 5 years. This house is not ready to sell if the question is, how long do I fix it and move on capital gains before taxes is the problem?

Also keep my son lives in the house while correct a problem? are prepared, each agreed that money does not stay, my main concern today for rent / board / are free all good. The preferable solution is the least complex.

Thanks for any help, this is the first house I sold.

3 comments:

felixthe... said...

In today's market, I think, even if the house appears today, there will be some time take it to sell to. They have long been the rule, with 2 years to avoid home as their principal residence from capital gains tax to be met. I think your concern here is that if you keep your home for an extended period will change your status to a house "second" and then be subject to capital gains tax. The best choice for you on your election, is therefore true to your call or visit the IRS Web site and obtain the required information at first hand. The site is very informative, but perhaps a little intimidating, if it find the exact situation that you will make a statement. I personally give the IRS on the phone when I have these questions. AgenciesTS is very helpful, polite, and help you (it's free to say) that your options and tax implications of their decisions. Also, we will send you all the brochures that their situation is that just the information you need to make a decision. Just relax and do not hesitate to call them - are very understanding "friendly" and their needs - they are the taxpayers and called job security!

Russ B said...

First, you need three years before the house to sell before those benefits Capitial in most cases. But sure you do not cut into the area ... although this is not your fault ... Go to any exceptions in this period.

Well, if the child lives there and we can not prove that it is for you, you may need a certain income to require.


This means that the U.S. tax code in line.

A G said...

U could depend on to live.
but for 3 months

Post a Comment